Monday 21 November 2016

Week 9 - Rigging And Skinning

This week we learnt how to rig models with skeletons and manipulate them using joints.

First step was to make the joints of the skeleton and align them with the hand, this is so they can be manipulated and controlled later









After this I used the interactive bind tool to make sure that no volume was extended more than required.



After this all that needed to be done waws to bind the skeleton to the model and then manipulate the joints. The main problem I faced during this was the model losing shape during joint manipulation, i think this was mainly due to me not editing the bind heat maps very well. I may use this technique in my x-wing model for the animation of the wings but we will see when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment