Monday 14 November 2016

Week 7 - Skydome

This week we learnt about lighting and camera movements as well as how to add detail lto our scene using skydomes.

Skydome

For this weeks practical we had to create a skydome. This is basically the sky for your scene and is created by adding a texture to a dome.








This is a really useful tool for adding depth to your scene and making it feel more real rather than having no background. I will be using this technique when I come to make my animation and will replaye the clouds with a space texture.


One problem I had when creating this was that when I imported the picture onto the material, it also imported it onto the transparency layer as well as the colour layer. This meant that my dome was transparent. To fix this i had to break the connection between the material and the transparency layer in the hypershade window.

No comments:

Post a Comment