Saturday 10 December 2016

Texturing - TIE Fighter

I decided to start with the wings, originally I was going to have the wings all black but when I tried this it didn't look very detailed so I instead decided to use a texture and UV map it onto my wing. Firstly I had to cut out the parts of the texture I didn't need for the wing so I used photoshop to cut out the parts of the wing I needed.









I then applied a new material to the inner faces of the wing and imported the texture. After this I used planar mapping to apply the texture to the faces and used the UV editor to manipulate the texture to a way that looked good.

After this I just did another UV mapping in a similar way with the wing middle detail and then applied a standard material to the rest of the model apart from the glass which I added an anisotropic texture and UV mapped a material to make it look a bit dirty.

For the rest of the model i just selected different faces and applied materials to them. I also applied a bump map to the texture to make it look a bit more 3D and less 2D.


I think the main challenge for me with this was the UV Mapping, It was had to texture a certain face as it selected the entire object along with it, To get around this in the end I had to select the faces then choose the UV map I wanted (Planar) and then go into the UV editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment