Friday 9 December 2016

Creating the Shape - Asteroids part 2

Adding more asteroids

After I had my variation of asteroids I needed to make more, to do this I firstly used the nParticle tool to make a box of particles. I then used Instancer to create asteroids at each particle.

This however only created one type of asteroid which is not what I wanted, to fix this i had to write a creation expression. To do this I had to create a custom index in the particle shape and then make a new expression for the index in the Per Particle (Array)



What this expression basically does is it randomises from first object in the list (0) to the last (4) and because 4 is the last on the list, for it to have an equal amount of chance to get chosen by the randomiser I had  to change it to 4.99. I then allowed all data types in the instancer and assigned the custom index to the objects index.

I also did a similar thing for scale except made the random x, y and z between 1 and 4 to give more variation between asteroids. When I did this however I found that some objects were too distorted or elongated, to fix this I added a float for uniform scale and assigned this to the vectors. After this I changed the rotation vectors in the same way.





No comments:

Post a Comment